Glacial Progress on the Lead Mountain


 When I set out a large batch of 10mm Thirty Years War cavalry in early December I had set myself the target of having them painted by Christmas.  Having been diverted into ancient naval battles, progress has been less than optimal.  Today I am near completion of four small batches of figures to allow the four large regiments I have painted so far to be divided up into eight standard size regiments.  The new regiments of Cuirassiers, Harquebusiers and Dragoons, together with command groups, have not advanced.

8 figures, including a command group, to add to the 'Blue' floppy hatted Regiment to give 2 floppy hatted regiments with predominantly blue coats.  Troopers and Officer are by Pendraken.  The standard bearer and trumpeter are Miniature Figurines.  

And 8 more 'Red' Regiment figures in floppy hats.  All are Pendraken figures.  I need to order more standards.

8 more helmeted, pistol armed Reiters.  Figures again Pendraken except for the trumpeter who is Miniature Figurines.

Finally six more lobster pot helmet types - only six needed as I miscounted on the first batch and did 2 too many - which are in the background as they were used as guides to match up paint schemes.  These again are by Pendraken.

I aim to get these varnished and based by tomorrow, then on with the rest.





Comments

  1. Terrific work on your 10mm cavalry. A goal-slide is understandable when another period offers immediate temptation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment